Maintenance Manual For Choosing the right hydraulic torque wrenches tool
1.JHM/MXTH series square drive torque wrench
Special emphasis: JHJX Hydraulic Torque Wrenches is the power tool for any power tool, indeed, a reliable security prevention are very important, the following is important to note a few suggestions.
● Read all the technical documents.
● Try to make the working environment clean and bright.
If the environment in the workplace air explosion could have any potential, you may not use electric pumps, pneumatic pumps should be used. If metal crash sparks, should take preventive measures.
● Reaction arm
Hydraulic Torque Wrenches operation requires proper reaction fulcrum, according to the site need to adjust the reaction arm or the appropriate reaction arm position. If still not
working, please consult the JHJX.
● To avoid the tools (Hydraulic Torque Wrenches) misuse
Pumps operate the remote control just for the wrench to use, to avoid separating the operator and the pump is too far.
● Ensure operation of space
Hydraulic Torque Wrenches is not in use most of the hand, if you must use the hand or in the case of the fixed wrench, should think of other ways to achieve their goals.
● Avoid electric shock
With electric pump to ensure a good grounding and proper power supply voltage.
● Hydraulic Torque Wrenches should be saved without good
Temporarily unused Hydraulic Torque Wrenches and wrench accessories should be properly stored to avoid damage.
● Using the appropriate Hydraulic Torque Wrenches
Not with a small torque wrench or hydraulic accessories to replace the Hydraulic Torque Wrenches work, not unsuitable to work the Hydraulic Torque Wrenches.
● Wear appropriate labor protection products
When using the manual / motorized hydraulic equipment, you should use gloves, helmets, safety shoes, ear protection, labor insurance and other protective clothing.
● Safety glasses
● Mobile Devices
Do not drag through the hydraulic tubing, rotary joints, hydraulic power cord or external cables, etc. to move the unit. Hydraulic Torque Wrenches comes with handles, can be used to move equipment.
● High-pressure tubing
Do not bend, fold tubing, always check the tubing, if damaged, should be replaced.
● Dust cover and side cover
All tools have dust cover and side cover, so that internal moving parts and the separation of the external environment, in addition to JHJX professional maintenance staff, users do not want to disassemble or use tools without guards.
● Careful to maintain the Hydraulic Torque Wrenches
To ensure the best performance tool, should always check the tool itself, the power source, tubing, quick connectors, wires, attachments to prevent some common damage occurs. Should be in the proper Hydraulic Torque Wrenches, hydraulic pump unit to repair the maintenance guide.
More detailed maintenance instructions please refer to maintenance section.
To maintain attention at work, can not be used in an unstable state of power equipment.
● Preparation before operation
Ensure that all hydraulic couplings are indeed connected. Check the hydraulic tubing is not entangled, to determine the square head drive shaft and maintain the cap is secure, reliable joint then. Ensure that all connectors, elbows, swivels without distortion or damage.
● Preparation before use
Rotate the drive shaft of Hydraulic Torque Wrenches square head is observed with good function. Looking for a fixed surface, choose a good spot, make sure the reaction arm to support reliable, to ensure that the hydraulic tubing is not suppressed. System pressure, if the Hydraulic Torque Wrenches beating or shaking, stop and then re-adjust the reaction arm and the anchor, to make it more solid and safe.
Note: The operation, reaction arm should be kept clean, and the role of anti-surface between the arms cannot have a foreign body.
● Please stick with quality accessories
Use high strength sleeve because the sleeve has the exact size of high-quality, and nuts are a good match. Hidden crack has the potential to rupture the sleeve in use, so proper maintenance of the sleeve, the sleeve in operation to keep clean and manipulation.
Do not use force, but do not use a hammer sleeve, as well as tools to increase the force, if you are not using a Hydraulic Torque Wrenches turn the nut, use a larger device JHJX Hydraulic Torque Wrenches.
Note: JHJX designed only to drive the hydraulic pump JHJX Hydraulic Torque Wrenches; improper use may cause damage to the hydraulic pump or Hydraulic Torque Wrenches.
DRIVE DIRECTION CHANGE
To remove the square, disengage the drive retainer assembly by depressing the center round button and gently pulling on the square end of the square drive. The square drive will slide easily out.
To insert the drive in the tool, place the drive in the desired direction, engage drive and bushing splines, then twist drive and bushing until ratchet spline can be engaged. Push drive through ratchet. Depress drive retainer button, engage retainer with drive and release button to lock.
|Right is tight.Left is loose. FLG 5|
SETTING THE REACTION ARM
All JHJX’s Torque wrenches are equipped with a universal reaction arm. These reaction arms are employed to absorb and counteract forces created as the unit operates. The reaction arm should extend in the same direction of the square drive; however, slight adjustments may be made to suit your particular application. The function of a reaction:
Device is to hold the tool in position against the forces generated to tighten or loosen bolts or nuts. Hydraulic Torque Wrenches generate tremendous force. The reaction arm can be positioned in numerous places within a 3600 circle. However, for the arm to be correctly positioned, it must be set within a 900 quadrant of that circle. That quadrant is the area located between the protruding square drive and the bottom of the housing away from the swivel inlets. It will always be toward the lower half of the housing and on one side of the housing when tightening and the other side when loosening.
SETTING THE SQUARE DRIVE FOR ROTATION
The position of the square drive when looking toward the shroud will determine if the tool is set to tighten or loosen the nut. When the square drive extends to the left when looking at the shroud with the inlets away from you, the tool is set to loosen the nut. When the square drive extends to the right, the tool is set to tighten the nut. To change the direction of rotation for JHM series wrenches simply push the square drive into the housing until the drive projects out the opposite side of the tool.
SETTING THE TORQUE
After determining the desired torque, use the torque conversion charts to determine the pressure that is necessary to achieve that torque.
1. Connect the tool to the power supply and turn the pump on.
2. Depress the advance remote control button causing the pressure to be shown on the gauge.
3. Adjust the pressure by first loosing the nut that locks the pressure adjustment handle and then rotate the handle clockwise to increase the pressure and counter clockwise to decrease the pressure. When decreasing pressure, always lower the pressure below the desired point and then bring the pressure gauge back up to the desired pressure.
4. When the desired pressure is reached, retighten the lock nut and cycle the tool again to confirm that the desired pressure setting has been obtained.
OPERATING THE WRENCH
1. Place the square Drive in the socket, insert the socket retainer ring and pin, and place the socket to the nut. Make certain the square drive and socket are the correct size for the nut and that the socket fully engages the nut.
2. Position the reaction arm against an adjacent nut, flange or solid system component.
Make certain that there is clearance for the hoses and swivel couplings. Do not allow the tool to react against the hoses, or swivel couplings. When reacting directly off the tool body with reaction arm removed. Do not react off the exposed end plug spigot.
3. After having turned the pump on and presetting the pressure for the correct torque, depress the remote control advance button to advance the piston assembly.
4. When the wrench is started, the reaction surface of the wrench or reaction arm will move against the contact point and the nut will begin to turn. Once the piston reaches the end of its stroke depress the remote control return button to retract the piston.
5. Continue this cycling operation of advance and retract until the nut is no longer turning and the pump gauge reaches the preset pressure. The piston rod will retract when the retract button is pressed and under normal conditions, an audible “click” will be heard as the tool resets itself.
6. Continue to cycle the tool until it “stalls” and the preset psi/torque has been attained.
7. Once the nut stops rotating, cycle the tool one last time to achieve total torque
During the operation, if the tool locks on to the nut, press advance button on remote and build pressure-continue to press down on remote while pushing down on the reaction pawl-release remote while continuing to push down on reaction pawl, then the tool will the released from the nut.
TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE
|Piston will not advance |
|Couplers are not securely attached to the tool or pump||Check the coupler connections and make certain that they are connected.|
|Coupler is defective||Replace any defective coupler|
|Defective remote control unit||Replace the button and/or control pendent|
|Dirt in the direction-consol valve o the pump unit||Disassemble the pump and clean the direction-control valve|
|Piston will not retract||Hose connections reversed||Make certain the advance on the pump is connected to the advance on the tool and retract on the pump is connected to the retract on the tool|
|Retract hose not connected||Connect the retrace hose securely|
|Retrace pin and/or spring broken||Replace the broken pin and/or spring|
|Cylinder will not build up pressure||Piston seal and/or end plug seal leaking||Replace any defective o-ring|
|Coupler is defective||Replace|
|Square Drive will not turn||Grease or dirt build up in the teeth of the ratchet and segment pawl||Disassemble the Ratchet and clean the grease or dirt out of the teeth|
|Worn or broken teeth on ratchet and/or Segment Pawl||Replace any worn or damaged parts|
|Pump will not build up pressure||Defective relief valve||Inspect, adjust or replace the relief valve|
|Electric power source is too |
|Make certain the amperage, voltage and any extension aord size comply with the pump manual requirements|
|Defective gauge||Replace the Gauge|
|Low oil level||Check and fill the pump reservoir|
|Clogged filter||Inspect, clean and/or replace the pump filter|
|Nut Return with retract stroke||Ball Plungers are not engaging the Drive Sleeves||Thread the Ball Plungers to the correct depth in the Housing|
Next: No data...